This version of the C8-Pro RC reformer comes with a Half Cadillac Tower which includes the Tower Brackets, Mattress Converter, and Platform Extender. The C8-Pro features the new patent pending Rapid Change (RC) spring bar for the easiest and quickest adjustment on the market. Choose your optional accessories to complete your practice: Extension Legs, Pro Sitting Box, Jump Board, and 60” Maple Gondola Pole – all you need for a complete Pilates Reformer & Half Cadillac combo.
The C8-Pro is the ultimate C-Series reformer, featuring an oversize aluminum profile and footbar and all new 8 PU wheel carriage system for the quietest and lowest maintenance ride available. Like all Align-Pilates commercial reformers, the C8-Pro features our new patent pending Rapid Change (RC) spring bar for the easiest and quickest adjustment on the market. The C8-Pro’s Rapid Change (RC) spring bar radically alters the ease and speed of adjusting your reformer, which is particularly beneficial in the group class environment where the C8-Pro excels. The spring bar can be adjusted with springs attached, with one hand in a single action saving up to 12 additional actions compared with most standard reformers.
Many Pilates professionals choose their reformer based on the ride characteristics and the biggest determinant of that is the number and type of wheels. The number & material of the wheels determine the resistance of the carriage, the sound the machine makes, the handling of cross loading, and the amount of maintenance required for optimal performance. The C8 uses 8 ‘rollerblade style’ wheels, which are designed to give a quieter and softer ride with slightly greater rolling resistance when compared to the more ice glide ride offered by the harder nylon wheels used in a 4-wheel system like on the C2-Pro RC, where the wheels run in a matched aluminum profile. Which is better is a matter of preference for the user, though for many this will be a key determinant of which machine they buy and chances are many will prefer the ride style they are more familiar with or have trained on.
The optional Align-Pilates Extension Legs shown in the pictures raise the bed to studio height of 16.5" (42cm) versus the 9.5" (24cm) bed height of the standard apparatus.
In a studio setting, the Rapid Change (RC) spring bar radically alters the ease and speed of adjusting the reformer, which is particularly beneficial in a group class environment where the C8-Pro RC excels. The spring bar can be adjusted with springs attached, with one hand in a single action, saving up to 12 additional actions compared with most standard reformers.
The C8-Pro RC with tower adds half-cadillac versatility to the reformer to widely expand your reformer routine. Being able to use either the Half Cadillac or the optional Full Cadillac Frame is making this the most versatile reformer in its class, while offering unparalleled value. In addition, the C8-Pro RC Reformer shares all the accessories with the C2-Pro Reformer and earlier C-Series reformers, meaning it sits perfectly alongside other C-Series machines.
The full stainless steel upper frame is superior to standard chromed steel frames, ensuring a long and corrosion free life. Like all Align-Pilates commercial reformers, the C8-Pro RC is light-commercial warrantied at 27.5 hours per week. It is suitable for users 4’10” to 6’4” (145cm – 193cm), max. user weight is 330lbs (150kg).
- Brand: Align-Pilates
- Upholstery Color: Black
- Reformer Dimensions: Length - 94" (239.5cm) x Width - 26" (66cm) x Height: 9.5" (24cm) or 16.5" (42cm) with optional Extension Legs
- Carriage Dimensions: 36" (92cm) x 23" (58cm)
- Tower Height:
- Weight: 175lbs (79kg)
- Class-leading carriage travel distance of 42" (106.5cm)
- Large & comfortable carriage
- Anodized aluminium runners with a self centring carriage design, with matched 8 PU wheel system for smooth and low maintenance operation.
- Lockable foot bar with 4 positions, including flat.
5 nickel plated quality music wire springs in 3 different strengths (2x Light, 2x Medium & 1x Strong)
- Patent pending Rapid Change Spring Bar for the fastest spring bar changes available, using one hand and a single action. Watch features video >
- Quick and easy rope adjustments - Rapid rope length adjustment system that adjusts both ropes simultaneously, with 7 rope length variations.
Removable rope risers with 7 height positions (if extension legs are used)
- Adjustable Shoulder & Head Rests - Improved 3 position headrest. Removable & lockable shoulder rest with new off centred shoulder pads to give a choice of two widths.
- New Gondola Maple Pole storage hooks underneath the runner for convenient access and a tidier studio. Note: Gondola Pole sold separately.
- Commercially Warranted - Light commercial warranty 27.5 hours per week (this applies to all Studio reformers).
- ISO20957-1 Class S Item.