Fairly often are we receiving questions here at CASA Pilates Direct about the difference between the STOTT At-Home SPX Reformer and the STOTT SPX Max.
Both machines are modern aluminum Pilates reformers that are designed to be low to the ground and lightweight so that the equipment can be moved easily. The main differences between these two models from STOTT by Merrithew are the spring options, the rope system, the option to upgrade with a vertical frame, and the warranty.
Here are the main differences:
- A great value for the bundle with Reformer Box with Footstrap, Padded Platform Extender, Metal Roll-up Pole and instructional DVDs featuring over 250 exercises
- No choice of springs package- standard package of 4 x 100% springs and 1 x 50% spring.
- Traditional rope system- the ropes are tied and tightened with a star knob. It is more difficult to get the ropes to the same length.
- No option to add a vertical frame.
- SHould blocks are not removable.
- Carriage height is 10 inches.
- Elevated option of 16 inches available.
- This reformer can only be used in a residential environment and not in a commercial facility or the warranty becomes null and void.
- Manufactured in China.
- Immediate shipping available.
- High precision springs package ( 3 x 100% springs, 1 x 50% spring, 1 x 25% spring)The high precision package allows for more flexibility in the resistance and strength of the exercise and user.
- Retractable rope system - ropes can be adjusted easily with recoiling rope reels –no knots or ropes to untie.
- Removable shoulder blocks.
- Vertical frame option.
- Carriage height is 9 inches.
- Raised option available.
- Tall box option available.
- Vertical stand option available.
- This reformer can be used in a residential or commercial setting.
- Made-to-order with production times of 2-3 weeks.
- Manufactured in Canada.
- Extended warranty.
Are you still having questions? Please feel free to contact CASA Pilates Direct at email@example.com or call us at 800-511-3391.